- Official licensing agreement establishes Current and PLG as the sole suppliers of the newly launched LED Wizard 8 in Canada and the United States.
- Global industry standard software platform upgraded to enable dramatic productivity improvements.
BOSTON, MA – October 8th 2019 – GE Current, a Daintree company, today announced an exclusive licensing agreement with Principal Lighting Group (PLG) aligned with the North American launch of PLG’s LED Wizard 8. LED Wizard is the global industry standard software for creating LED layouts. Current will be the exclusive licensee in the United States and Canada with access to this software update. Other global regions will continue to have access to GE Current’s full portfolio within LED Wizard 8 in the coming weeks.
“We’re thrilled to be the exclusive licensee of LED Wizard 8.” said Michel Doss, General Manager for Specialty Products at Current. “The impressive update will provide critical benefits, including streamlined workflows and an increase in the quality, accuracy and variety of layout design.”
PLG and Current are the leading companies providing LED lighting solutions for the commercial sign industry. PLG co-founder J. Bryan Vincent, Ph.D., noted that, “The collaboration with Current will strengthen the platform and extend the scope of products available from the leading brands in North America.” With LED Wizard 8, customers will have free access to the complete breadth of LED lighting products from both companies to create layouts and generate bids.
As industries across verticals are growing more competitive, the need for speed and flexibility is becoming important than ever. Features of this upgrade include:
- The ability to scale existing layouts to new sizes
- The combination of multiple design steps for ease-of-use
- The addition of a “save for later” feature that will allow for easy revision and opportunities to take design risks.
Wizard 8 is a major platform upgrade focused on automation and simplification. These new and improved tools are destined to help sign makers create LED layouts with precision and agility, leading to improved productivity across applications.